marzo 08, 2011

The Mercenary release + win a free copy!

Hello, everyone :)!

I surface today from the depth of uni work and frantic writing to announce wonderful news. My first book, The Mercenary, is out today with Samhain Publishing. It is a post-apocalyptic action/adventure set in the UK, between the moorlands, Windermere and London, with steampunk elements and, of course, a core of gay romance.

To celebrate, I'm offering up a free copy to the winner of a little draft. I will randomly select the winner and contact them on Monday the 14th.

All you have to do to enter is leave a comment to this post telling me, in a couple of lines or so, what type of character you'd be in a post-apocalyptic world. Would you be the hardcore mercenary? The evil ruler of a city? The vagabond poet travelling between the destroyed cities? The creepy scientist building incredible machines from scraps? Or...


Personally, I'd be the odd, geeky bookman who's in charge of the last, great library that somehow escaped the catastrophe. And I'd have an army of little rat-men to help me manage the place :).

I leave you with the blurb and cover, made by the brilliant Kanaxa.



There are more elusive things than water in this wasteland.

Now that a monstrous London machine has stolen the clouds from the sky, Asher Connor survives by selling his mercenary skills to transport water across York’s wasted moorland. Until his unit is attacked by a pack of Tamer-controlled wolves, and his ingenious mechanical arm fails.

He awakens, surprised to find he’s still alive—and dependent on a charming, attractive, utterly infuriating desert-dweller. The copper-eyed, untamed Gabriel is Asher’s only hope. At least until he reaches a technician who can repair his arm. Reluctant trust turns to desire in the wake of another Tamer attack, and the adrenaline rush locks them in a bond of wildfire lust.

Yet despite Gabriel’s deceptively relaxed attitude, he is dangerously focused. When they get to London, Asher manages to work out only part of the reason. His lover is connected to some kind of underground movement that’s got something big in the works. So big, even quick-with-a-comeback Gabriel is maddeningly tight-lipped.

When betrayal brings the plan crashing down, Asher is plunged into a battle that wasn’t his to fight—and if he doesn’t execute the final stage, Gabriel’s blood could be on his hands.

Warning:
This title contains hot mansex, mild but manly swearing, jealousy possibly leading to yet more hot mansex, ancestral rituals, frightening flying machines, clockwork owls, inopportune admirers and the complicity of odd scientists.



Also, for your perusal, a not very worksafe snippet if you follow this link... On to the - (almost) - smexy!

The Mercenary is available as an ebook on Samhain's website and Amazon.

3 commenti:

Soli ha detto...

First I want to say congradulations with the publishing! Second, it sounds very hot. I'd love to read it! :)

I believe I would be a wandering vagabond who would document everything I found, learned, or experienced. Just to keep a little bit of the history, before my inevitable demise, for the future.

Soli
artificial-sweetness@hotmail.com

csilibrarian ha detto...

That warning is really awesome.

I would want to be a mad scientist-librarian with a mechanical/clockwork army of mice. Or scarab beetles. They could spy for me and hunt for books in the wastelands.

Congrats on the book and thanks for letting me know about this!

- April
inspector.librarian@gmail.com

lindseye ha detto...

I would be a healer-nurse for the dwellers of the nearby villages. Trying to keep injuries form being debilitating and using the resources form nature to provide potions for healing.

linze_e at hotmail.com

Posta un commento