marzo 28, 2014

A couple of blog posts!

Hi everyone :) I have a couple of guest posts out about my latest release, the steampunk - gun kink Benjamin Pepperwhistle and the Fantabulous Circus of Wonders! I thought I'd list them here...

• Why did I set this story in a Victorian-esque circus, @ Amethyst Daydreams

A William Tell-like pistoleer offered exciting possibilities. I was immediately drawn to the danger and the tension that come with standing before a target while somebody is shooting at you (although I would never, ever do it). It must be thrilling and frightening at the same time; it must require infinite trust and familiarity with your partner. And what about being the one who pulls the trigger, what about knowing the life of the person before you is in your hands, that they are entrusting themselves completely to you? And what about doing all of this in public, for the entertainment of hundreds of strangers?...

• Writing an extended 'director's cut' version of a story, @ Pants Off Reviews

Benjamin Pepperwhistle – Director’s Cut features over 7500 words of new material, and has evolved from a short story into a novella. It’s the first time I had the chance to go back to a story after over a year to add more to it, and I was a little concerned – what if I could no longer slip in the characters’ heads? What if I had forgotten about them?...

• How I come up with characters, @ Novel Approach Reviews

Over the years, I have accumulated a ton of inspiration pics – for settings, props, fantastical creatures, and for characters as well. So I like to browse around them for a bit, in case any of those jumps out, because I really like having visual references for what I’m working on...

0 commenti:

Posta un commento