marzo 08, 2014

February Report

So! Only two months into the new year and I already suck at these monthly reports.... ;) will try harder with the March one!

So, let's see how I did in February. The list was:

finish revision on Circus of the Damned DONE! Submitted at 94.500 words.
★ finish reading book for research - failed
★ write 1 chapter of PhD novel - miserably failed
★ write 1 blog post - totally failed
★ finalize job and get started - annnd failed

However, I embarked on a new enterprise, since I don't have enough to do already:

★ started a Fantasy and Sci-Fi online course on Coursera!
★ wrote four essays - Brothers Grimm, Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, Dracula, Frankenstein

It took the whole month to finish the endless rewrites and edits on Circus. It's my first novel-length manuscript - as you know, I usually keep in the 12K / 30K range - and it was definitely a challenge. The requirements of the format are obviously very different, and I'm actualy looking forward to relaxing with another novella or short story before tackling novel length again!

Also in unrelated news, I became an aunt! My sis-in-law had a beautiful little girl called Greta. I got to hold her for the first time Friday night and she's an absolute doll! Not to brag, but when I took her she settled down immediately and her hiccups passed, then she dozed off sprawled on my chest. Awwww!

Now, for the March to-do list (even though we're like 1/3 through already, but whatever...)

★ MUST write something for the PhD (since I need to send something to my tutor next week)
★ get started on Steampunk Inventor (and maybe find a title for it)
★ edits on the Benjamin Pepperwhistle extra scene
★ write the next four essays for Coursera: Poe, H.G. Wells, Gilman, Bradbury
★ (maybe) line edits for Circus of the Damned?
★ read 1 book (since I started about 5 but haven't managed to finish one since Jan)
★ write 1 blog post (before my blog gets buried under spider webs)

I'm going to keep adding the book and blog entries even though I've already botched them twice, because I'm an optimistic person... ;)

0 commenti:

Posta un commento