maggio 07, 2014

April Report

So! What a rollercoaster this month has been. Let's see how I did with the April to-do list:

 ★ finish edits on Circus of the Damned - DONE!!! Woohoo!
prepare Circus of the Damned blurb - actually my awesome editor did it. But it's done nonetheless!
hand in Phd material by Easter - DONE!
★ work on Steampunk Inventor story - not much.
★ write last Coursera essay (LeGuin) - in all the mayhem, I missed this one. Will re-take the course over the summer, though - I was so close!
★ sort out basement, attic and apartment - dropped it

Life threw a massive wrench in my plans, unfortunately. As it turns out, a few months of domestic life proved too much for my boyfriend of nine years, who promptly started cheating one me because he felt bored and freaked out about moving on to a serious relationship (at the ripe age of 33). So my world and my plans for the future pretty much came crashing down, and now I'm slowly trying to pick up the pieces. I left the house we'd just finished furnishing and am camping on a friend's floor in Wales trying to stop obsessing about it all and focus on work. Sigh!

 So, my to-do list for May is pretty simple:
 ★ finish steampunk inventor novel
★ glue myself back together and sort out my new life plan. UGH...

 At least I managed to soldier on and finish everything I had to do despite being in the biggest turmoil I've been since my dad suddenly passed away when I was 16. But if there's one thing I've learned how to do in my life is take the hits and keep going. So here's to that!

0 commenti:

Posta un commento